Come join in our braille competition,
With a poem of your own composition.
It can be long or short,
Just give it some thought,
And win prizes and high recognition.
- The competition is open to all braille learners in the school system (including Transition).
- There are two categories – Junior: up to the end of Year 6, and Senior: for Year 7 and up.
- Juniors may have support from their RTVs, but seniors should work independently.
- Poems may be on any topic and follow any poem type – rhyming couplets, limericks, haiku, free-verse, etc.
- The judges will be looking for poem content, braille accuracy and correct poetry formatting.
- Poems should be submitted in hard-copy and posted to BANZAT (address below), by Friday 18 September, and accompanied by the attached entry form to be signed off by your parent and RTV.
- Great prizes including Bop-It games.
- Winning entries will be published on the BANZAT website.
Post to: BANZAT Chairperson, c/- Blind Low Vision NZ, 4 Maunsell Road, Parnell, AUCKLAND